Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Leaving a friend...


The book, Chopsticks, has a special meaning to me.  I had been teaching a school, called Cedarwood P.S., for many years. 

While I was there I met a wonderful and like-minded teaching partner, Ms. Yeung.  She and I did everything together.  We planned all our class activities together and we had so much fun trying new things! 

Eventually, I felt it was time for me to try something new in my teaching career.  I decided to leave Cedarwood.  I was very sad, but yet very hopeful for the new things that would come my way.  Before I left Cedarwood, I stumbled upon this book and it was absolutely PERFECT to express my feelings to Ms. Yeung.  

What happened in the story was exactly what has happened in real life for me.  Ms. Yeung and I are still best friend and although we have met lovely, new people and tried fun and exciting things without each other, we still love to get together and hang out! We really appreciate and value the time that we have together more than ever!  The last page of the book, "To standing on our own and to sticking together" is so true for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment